What is the Population Data?
- Whenever we here the term Population the first thing that strikes in our mind is a large group of people.
- In the same way, in statistics population denotes a large group which having at least one common feature.
- In simple words, population means all elements understudy having one or more common characteristics.
- Population is not includes people only, but it may also includes animals, events, objects, buildings etc and it can be of any size.
- The number of elements or members in a population is known as “Population Size (n)”.
What is the Sample Data?
- A selected group of some elements from the population is known as the “Sample”.
- Selected sample should be such that it represent the population in all it’s characteristics.
- The units understudy are called “Sampling units“ and the number of units in sample is called “Sample size (n)“.