There is three different methods of collecting primary data:
1. Direct Inquiry
2. Indirect Inquiry
3. Method of questionnaire
- As the name says, the investigator himself goes to the field, meets the respondents and gets the required information.
- In this method, the investigator personally interviews the respondent.
- This method is suitable when the scope of investigation is small and greater accuracy is needed.
- The indirect method is used in cases where it is difficult to get the information from the respondents due to unwillingness or indifference.
- The information about the respondent is collected by interviewing the third party who knows the respondent well.